welcome to the shadow realm, bucko.
now have a seat while I ramble to you about irrelevant information
Hello and welcome to my comfy home on the Interwebs! This is where I share my artwork, ramble about various shenanigans, and overall a place to goof around. It's a bit rough around the edges, but it serves well as a retreat from the ramping homogeneity of social media.
Sadly, I drank all of the refreshments as I wasn't expecting any visitors today. Sorry about that! We do have some cake lying around though, so you can have a slice of that if you'd like:
about the webmaster
As for how to address me, you can call me biko. I am just the absolute worst at writing about myself but here's the gist:
- has too many interests and can't seem to stick to one thing, but the ones that stuck are:
- writing (primarily nonfiction)
- guitar (of the classical variety - sorry to those metalheads out there)
- in school for computer engineering how funnnnn
- main goal in art: getting gud. whatever that means.
about the website
𝕓𝕚𝕜𝕠𝕓𝕒𝕥𝕒𝕟𝕒𝕣𝕚 is the name of an old Instagram art account I had before deleting the whole thing and moving to Neocities to post my art instead. Because screw Instagram.
I have had multiple Neocities websites (now all abandoned), but this was actually my very first website on Neocities, created in August 2019. The site had lain dormant for a year or so until I revived it on July 2020 and turned it into a personal website, with the intent to showcase and talk about my art progression.
And with regards to this site's content, it is split into three main sections:
- blog is where I post semi-regularly about what's been cookin' recently. Yummy.
- gallery is where I house all of my visual works: sketches, paintings, photos, etc.
- writings is where I write about a variety of topics. May get rambly on occasion.
No plans to integrate my musical endeavours as of yet, but when I get better at guitar I might post some covers or something. We shall see.
some miscellaneous stuff
- iPad Air 3rd Generation w/ Apple Pencil
- Procreate and HEAVYPAINT for art, GIMP for post-processing and image-editing
- old iPhone SE for photos
- Thinkpad T480s w/ Manjaro Linux & i3wm - daily workstation
- vim for programming and daily text work
- Wacom CTH-480 for digital art
- Krita, Photoshop CS6, Paint Tool SAI for art
some rando facts that have very little significance:
- started digital art in 2017. drawing traditionally since 2015
- started guitar in November 2019. played piano from 2016-2018
- i'm a chronic sleep talker. going into elaborate discussions and hysterical laughter are common occurrences.
- if you want to see my taste in music check out my last.fm
- i'm bilingual and I know basic French (not fluent enough to be trilingual though)
- filled out the artist meme sheet that was floating around DeviantArt and Instagram
...and that's about it. Wow, I am more boring that I had imagined.
Jump back to top